Monday, March 1, 2010

Been a while....

I know it has been a while since I posted, I don't have much to update, but here goes....
For those of you that don't know, my work has been a little stressful lately, lots of budget cuts and we lost 4 of our part time employees, meeting with them to let them know they no longer had a job was not a fun experience......I hope to never have to do it again. They are still analyzing the budget and the reality is that my job is not a "mandated service" so we are all just hanging on hoping to make it through!
Kylie has started dance class and loves it! She is going to be in her first recital on May 22nd at 1:00pm at the Wingate University in Monroe if anyone is interested in watching her dance....I think it is great that she is really into it and will fully support whatever she wants to do in life, but I am struggling with the recital requirements such as eye makeup, blush and lipstick.....HELLO, she is 6....what is the purpose for all of that!! I don't know if this is because I am more comfortable with requirements such as a mouthguard, special socks and cleats or what, but I find this a little odd and not necessary! She is my little girly girl though and I am thinking I need to get used to that. She is also quite the fashion critic. Last weekend, Chip and Chad were getting ready to go to a concert and Kylie looks at Chip dead serious, and says...."Dad, you're not wearing THAT are you?.....that is not what you wear to a concert....." Imagine this child as a teenager......scary thought!

Kiersten is going through a little bit of the twos/threes, she is great one minute and then she goes into her laboratory and drinks some of the serum and comes out as Mrs. Hyde.... the only good thing is after going through it with Kylie, you can ALMOST laugh about most of it... We went to the zoo on Saturday and it was so fun to watch her all fascinated by the animals....the really funny thing is every animal exhibit we looked at, she was bound and determined to identify the "family" unit....that was the mom, there's the dad....but where's the baby?? ....we came to the conclusion that they must be studying families in school.

So, even though, there is some uncertainty right now....there is one thing that is certain...we have two healthy, spunky kids that make our lives more interesting everyday and that is something I wouldn't trade for anything!

1 comment:

  1. Notice she didn't object to her uncle's attire. She's got an eye go fashion.

    ReplyDelete