Sunday, January 3, 2010

Girl Talk

New Years Eve morning Kylie and I woke up and were laying in my bed just talking and relaxing. It was great, we had a day of cleaning ahead of us but for the time being, we were perfectly content to just lay there. I said, hey let's have some girl talk, she smiled real big.....OK! So we talked about our trip to Maryland, christmas and everything else that had taken place over the past two weeks, highlighting our favorite parts. Then, there was a moment of silence........Ummmm, Mom, I thought you said we were going to have girl talk, that wasn't girl talk... I paused....and got a little nervous to hear the answer to my next question.....gulp, Well what is girl talk then. Well, she replied, that is when you talk about butterflies and flowers and stuff. Shew!!! I breathed a sigh of relief. I know that girl talk will not mean that forever, but I am so glad that is what it is now. I am not ready for real girl talk!!

We did manage to get the house cleaned and had a great time with Chip's family playing games. Kylie even made it to midnight. Kiersten, despite a great effort, gave up and fell asleep on the couch about 11pm. You would think, wow, that is late for her, she probably really slept in then. That is what we thought too, but WRONG!! 6am, and she was up and ready to go........Chip and I, not so much. I let Chip sleep about another 2 hours and then I woke him up and begged for another 1 1/2 myself. It is amazing how you can go to sleep feeling so good and wake up feeling so bad.... ;).

We look forward to 2010 and all that it holds for us and our families and friends. Here is to the journey ahead of us and the many stops along the way!

1 comment: